Reposted from June 20, 2013:
A friend, Diane Graham, took objection to a slideshow someone else made of things that make women happy. While I understand her objection; many of the items pictured and discussed were very shallow; I can also understand how simple things can be an uncomplicated source of happiness. And I thought–why not create my own list of things that bring me happiness as a woman?
Waterlilies are a great source of happiness! Waterlily paintings are even more fantastic!
Here’s my list:
- a big smile on my son’s or daughter’s face
- Mom’s cooking
- my sis-in-law’s creative desserts
- a beautiful flower
- a lovely butterfly
- soft fluffy snow
- a frisky squirrel
- that mischievous smile on Dad’s face right before he tells a good joke in that quiet voice that gives nothing away;
- a purring kitty snuggling up to my back when he *thinks* I’m asleep (he’s so funny)
the way my other kitty always finds my lap and purrs madly when she’s hungry or I’ve just come out of shower
- the way my brother teases my niece; that “look” on my niece’s face when he teases her
- the way my nephew always throws his arms around me and gives me a big hug when I see him, and before he heads for home;
- knowing I’ve created a beautiful work of art–even if no one else notices–however if someone notices, I’m over the moon!
- writing a chapter of a new novel, getting inspired, and then writing three more
- being clean
- having a good/more attractive haircut
- finding another great nugget of spiritual truth in the Bible that I’d never really seen/understood before, especially when it’s something that encourages me to keep on keeping on–
- I’m sure there is more that I could list here, such as having two arms and two legs in working order, and no major aches worth mentioning; good health, a great place to live, family to love me, friends I enjoy–
But mostly, I’m just happy to be alive. 🙂 God is the true source of my happiness.
What about you? What are some of the things that make you happy?